Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tonkatsu

I made this for dinner tonight and it was a huge success! My picky husband and daughter both ate it up.  Unfortunately we all dug in before I could take a picture, but here's what it looks like.
The recipe is from The Culinary Chronicles. I didn't make the sauce this time, and I made it with some cheesy rice. Next time I'll try the sauce too.

Tonkatsu:
4 Pieces Pork Loin, ½ inch thin1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
½ Cup Flour
2 Eggs
2 Tablespoons Milk
¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
Salt and Pepper



"Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish and place the flour in another. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Season the pork with salt and pepper. Working in batches, dredge a few pieces of the pork in the flour, then the egg mixture, and finally the breadcrumbs to coat, shaking off the excess between each step.  Repeat with the remaining pork.
In a large skillet, heat the oil to medium high heat.  Slide in pork and fry until golden brown, approximately 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and drain the cutlets on paper towels. Repeat with remaining pork."
My pork was more like 3/4" thick and I cooked them about 5-6 minutes on each side. They were nice & juicy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Recommendations