Saturday, September 15, 2012

Peanut Butter Balls

As a child, I used to eat peanut butter balls. I loved them. Recently I had a craving for them. After going through my trusty family recipe book, I realized that they aren't there! After a few phone calls, and Facebook posts to family members, I still cannot figure out who made them. This makes me sad. But I remembered the basics of what was in them, and I experimented until I came up with these. They taste just like I remember. 
If you make these, let me know what you think!




Peanut Butter Balls

1 cup honey
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
2 cups dry milk powder
3 cups quick oats

Mix together until well blended. Form to about 1 inch balls and place on wax paper. Refrigerate until firm. Serve. 
For additional options, you can add 1 cup of milk chocolate chips to the mix (note that this will make it harder to mix), drizzle melted chocolate on top, or roll them in shaved chocolate.

1 comment:

  1. These look yummy! Possibly a high protein, quick before school breakfast!
    Thanks for sharing and not being a crazy with an awesome recipe they won't share ;)

    ReplyDelete

Random Recommendations